Head of Compliance/MLRO
Head of Compliance / MLRO - Financial Services - Gibraltar
EU applicants may only apply
c£100,000k Salary Package Plus Benefits
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Director/Head of Compliance and MLRO who will be tasked with maintaining company compliance within Gibraltar and European Union related to AML and CFT.
The Head of Compliance/MLRO will be free to act on their own authority and work side by side with the senior Director team.
You will ideally be a recognised figure within the FSC in Gibraltar or have excellent references and connections with the FSA in UK.
The role will involve some international travel.
- Manage a small dedicated risk and compliance management team.
Set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR procedures
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff while effectively addressing performance issues
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the company
- Prepare and deliver the annual report for the Board.
Prepare and sign off on the annual compliance report for submission to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC)
- Act as the approved liaison with the GFSC.
Build and maintain close working relationships with the GFSC and other regulators, where required, by responding to all regulatory questions, concerns and overseeing implementation of all recommendations
- Professionally interface with the company's auditors as necessary, including being an effective advocate and spokesperson on behalf of the company regarding audits and other supervisory events
- Positively represent the company with Gibraltar Electronic Money Association (GEMA), Gibraltar Association of Compliance Officers (GACO) in industry events and legislative/regulatory advocacy, consistent with the company's strategic objectives
- Maintain subject matter expertise on EU Directives including the Company Directive, the Electronic Money Directive and the Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- Develop and implement compliance policies, procedures, and standards for the European business.
Update and maintain compliance standards in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Analyse, improve and structure all internal compliance procedures, reports and documentation
- Maintain oversight and control of outsourced functions carried out via Company inter-group companies.
Ensure ongoing compliance of outsourced functions with EU regulation
- Develop and present on Risk and Compliance issues to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
Degree in Banking, Law, or a comparable field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
A preferred focus on financial institution regulatory matters
- A minimum of 10 years' significant risk or compliance-related work experience inside a regulated institution, preferably as an AML Officer or other risk management professional, including direct experience in risk assessment, program development and implementation, or comparable work experience
- A minimum of 5 years' previous management/leadership experience
- Strong working knowledge of applicable AML and counter-terrorist financing laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of the statutory components of an effective risk and compliance program and supervisory expectations and examination standards related thereto
- Ability to understand key business and strategic objectives of the company and integrate business, legal, and regulatory concepts to develop effective internal controls
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g.
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
If you have the necessary attributes as Head of Compliance/MLRO to succeed in this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Director Compliance | MLRO | Risk assessment | AML | CFT
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Engineer - Node.Js
- Head of Affiliate Marketing
- UX Designer
- Analog IC Design Engineer, Automotive (Senior)
- QA Engineer
- DevSecOps Engineer
- Java Developer
- Payroll Senior (Temp to perm role)
- IT Infrastructure Administrator - Professional Services
- Accounts Assistant
- Grandstand Executive
- Swedish Customer Support Agent
- Accountant (Senior)
- Communication and Reporting Analyst
- CRM Support Executive
- Conversion Analyst
- Brand Manager