Health & Safety Advisor
* Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor : 26614
* CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 11th January 2018 @ 16:30
* Daily Pay Rates: £202.50 : £270 UMBRELLA / £161.24 - £214.99 PAYE
* Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
* Location: Scotland: HMNB Clyde
* Contract Length: 08/01/2018 to 30/03/2018
* Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for a Health & safety Advisor with SC & ideally experience of the MoD/HMNB Clyde.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement the initial requirements for Health and Safety policies that are fit for the department and successfully implement all further agreed policies;
* Deliver easily accessible expertise in all aspects of Health and Safety to colleagues as necessary;
* Proactively issue guidance and promote Health and Safety awareness and compliance at all levels of the organisation;
* Coordinate the effective communication understanding and implementation of new Health and Safety policies;
* Support line managers to reach complex or high risk decisions, supplying expert advice on a case-by-case basis on a wide range of Health and Safety matters;
* Document Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Health & Safety Advisor within small MOD Head of Establishment team that discharges an "Intelligent Customer" role to ensure a broad range of safety functions are effectively discharged and that safety management arrangements are sufficiently robust by:
* Providing competent advice on HSWA 1974, Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and associated delegated legislation, as well as MoD safety policy standards and requirements which support NBC Clyde's Organisation and Arrangements Statement.
* Assurance of safety performance of Industry Partners on-site and other contractors to secure effective control of work within all operating areas of HMNB Clyde, including work on vessels alongside.
* Contributing to the development/maintenance of effective Clyde Safety Management Arrangements (i.e.
Policies, process maps, support documents etc.) including Tenant/Lodger organisations.
* Leading or participating in specialist functional themed audits/inspections/reviews to verify the robustness of the Authorisee's/Head of Establishment's safety management arrangements.
This includes the independent monitoring of Corrective and Preventive Action Reports through to close out.
* Contribute to production of various safety performance management reports.
Using management tools/databases to monitor/evaluate "reactive" safety performance, including management of provision of incident data to NC "NLIMS" system.
* Provide oversight of fire safety assurance matters across HMNB Clyde, monitoring of fire safety management issues and fire-related infrastructure risks.
* Assisting in the investigation of site accidents & incidents, reviewing root causes and identiftying corrective actions required.
* Assurance oversight of other high hazard, high impact site-wide issues such as compliance with Dangerous Substances Explosive Atmospheres Regulations and MoD gas safety requirements.
Suitable candidate would hold NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management or equivalent Graduate Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
If you are a Health & Safety Advisor & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don't apply if you don't have the experience or clearance!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months min
- Rate: 202-270 Per Day Umb/Paye option
- Location: Faslane, Scotland
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: James Christie
- Tel: 2087472161
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: D26614clyD
- Posted: 2018-01-09 17:40:58 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- CCDO Demolition Operatives
- Project Coordinator
- Procurement Officer
- Facilities Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Contract Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Project Manager
- Part 2 Scaffolders
- Finance Manager
- Project Support Office - Head
- Skilled Labourer
- Project Coordinator
- Change Analyst
- Commercial Manager
- Change Manager