Head of Safety
Job title - Ref
Head of Safety - 3629
Duration - Hours
8 months approx.
Negotiable based on experience
We are looking for a Head of Safety ideally with nuclear sector/Magnox experience.
Role to cover the South of England sites.
Purpose of the role.
Effective management of the section and delivery of a legally / company compliant service to the Site and Projects.
* As an effective Manager/ Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* Assign tasks to the team members ensuring they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) to carry out such tasks.
* Responsible for team/ individual development plans and ensuring training is carried out.
* Ensure all team members receive the support necessary to both understand and contribute to achieving the objectives of the Department Lifetime Plan.
* Regularly undertake team briefings to ensure staff are well informed regarding both technical and administrative matters concerning the execution of their responsibilities.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Develop policies and arrangements for compliance with industrial safety, emergency planning and operational experience feedback statutory and company requirements as required.
* Provide authoritative advice to the Site on industrial safety, emergency planning and operational experience feedback as required.
* Provide assurance of the adequacy of safety arrangements through audit, inspections, investigation of events and self-assessment reviews.
* Support the interface with the relevant Regulator or external authorities.
* Develop an integrated management system incorporating conventional safety, including CDM and related Site Licence requirements reflecting Company and Statutory requirements and industry best practice.
* Gain and maintain required regulatory approvals and external certification as appropriate.
* Promote effective Health and Safety standards with a positive staff culture for continuous improvement.
* Ensure that safety publicity and campaigns are developed and deliver to promote awareness and improvement.
* Maintain OHSAS 18001 as appropriate.
* Co-ordinate the competence assessment of persons listed in the baseline arrangements.
* Confirm that contract safety personnel are SQEP for the roles they are to undertake on Site.
* Assist with any other duties commensurate with the grade and range of the post.
* Ensure sufficient suitably qualified and experienced people are available for the Site to operate effectively and discharge its legal and contractual obligations.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of safety staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
* Ensure that effective and compliant safety standards and procedures are embedded into the Site and provide high level advice on their implementation.
* Ensure effective communication within the Function/Site.
* Set targets, monitor performance and take action as necessary to maintain safety standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
* Provide and maintain arrangements for the effective recording, reporting and investigation of events and the promulgation of identified learning across the Site
* Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on safety issues throughout the Site.
* Member of the EHSS&Q Site lead team.
* Act for the Site EHSS&Q Manager as directed.
* Responsible for managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects and delivery of the lifetime plan.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.
Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject)
* Member of a relevant professional institute
* Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism.
* Relevant experience in specialism related roles
* Experience at a nuclear site or other high hazard industry in own specialism
* Detailed knowledge of the Radioactive Substances Act/ Environmental Permitting Regulations.
* Experience in dealing with HSE
* Detailed knowledge of International / ISO Standards
* Detailed knowledge of obligations for compliance with OEF standards and learning process as appropriate
If you are a Head of Safety with the experience above please apply & I will get back to you asap.
James/Number 8 Resourcing
Please take a look at our other Nuclear sector roles on our website.
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 8 months approx
- Rate: 350-480 Per Day
- Location: Home/South of England sites, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: James Christie
- Tel: 07792646440
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 3629souN
- Posted: 2018-01-09 16:50:14 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Investigation/Vetting Officer
- Drainage Foreman
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Planner
- Requirement Engineers
- Integrated Logistics Manager
- Demolition Operatives
- CCDO Gold card Supervisor
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Management Accountant
- General Ops
- CPCS Plant and Vehicle Marshaller
- Civil engineer
- Geospatial Analyst
- Land Agent
- CCDO Ops
- Project Manager