Our client are the leaders in the grinder market and one of the world’s most influential forces in the presentation and quality of turf grass.
The company manufactures and distributes worldwide, a range of sharpening systems designed to maintain today’s sophisticated mowing machines in perfect cutting condition.
Due to recent expansion there is an excellent opportunity for a Materials Manager to join this well-established manufacturing facility in Haverhill.
Materials Manager - purpose of role:
- Day-to-day management and operation of the supply chain, MRP materials planning, procurement and inventory management functions.
- Manage, lead and motivate materials staff to create and maintain a high performing, efficient and effective team.
- Manage all current supply chain partners building good relationships and sourcing new partners as new products come online using QCD.
- Culture of continuous improvement is required in all aspects of the operation.
The challenge is to maintain high quality standards using best practice and achieve targets within tight deadlines and changeable circumstances.
- The job holder will enjoy complex production, quality and scheduling challenges.
- Strong background in managing procurement processes and inventory control.
- Strong supply chain and subcontract management within a manufacturing environment with good negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of the procurement process within an MRP driven engineering company.
- Experienced in the management of personnel, with good interpersonal skills and an effective communicator at all levels.
- Control of physical stock within a manufacturing environment using best practice such as Kanban.
- Strong systems and process approach in work methods, backed by a sound commercial acumen.
- Conversant with product compliance requirements.
- IT literate and understand ERP systems and MS Office applications.
- Manage the day-to-day performance for materials planning, procurement, inventory control and supply chain.
- Set supply chain strategy and direction to meet the requirements of the business.
- Manage and lead team using continuous improvements techniques and best practice making the team stronger and effective.
- Collection of KPI data and optimisation of performance based on the data received.
- Improve internal distribution systems and efficiencies and control of all physical stock from stores through to point of use to ensure zero stock outs.
- Manage and maintain Kanban for core products, spares and consumables.
- Manage supplier non-conformance, improve internal system for measuring using data for continuous improvement and supply chain management.
- Review the current supply chain operations and practices, with a view to identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, working collaboratively with supply chain partners.
- Ensure good risk management practices are embodied within the procedures and processes.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in supply chain management, MRP system, physical stock control and material cost reduction.
How to apply
Please apply here and our client will be in direct contact
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Graduate Employee Support Officer
- Area Sales Manager
- Quality System Administrator
- Quality Control Technician
- Customer Services Assistant
- Warehouse Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Admin & Office Support
- Admin & Office Support
- German Speaking Customer Service Executive/Account Manager
- Sales Executive
- Telesales Executive
- Driver, Events Distribution Operative
- Marketing Executive
- Health and Social Care Assessor (levels 2-5)
- CAD Coordinator
- Driver / Delivery Driver / Multi Drop Driver
- Business Development Manager
- Research & Development Engineer