* Job Title: Project Manager : 26381
* CV Deadline: Wednesday 27th December 2017 @ 09:00
* Daily Rates: £405 - £540 UMBRELLA / £322.49- £429.99 PAYE
* Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
* Location: South East: Andover/Sutton Coldfield/Catterick/High Wycombe/Warminster
* Contract Length: 02/01/2018 to 30/03/2018
* Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for Project Managers with SC & experience of the detail below & ideally the DIO/MoD.
The Defence Estates Optimisation (DEO) programme was mobilised in late 2016 to deliver the MOD's footprint strategy (FS) also announced in part as a better Defence Estate in parliament in Nov 2016.
The FS outlines a programme that will contribute to achieving a 30% reduction in the MOD built estate by 2040 & release surplus land for potential housing while delivering receipts and reducing estate running costs.
There is a requirement to provide resources to deliver the programme of activity within the Defence Infrastructure Organisation.
Project Manager skills/experience required -
* Establishment of brief and budgets
* Design development : management of the design team
* Town Planning process : management of the team undertaking activities required to achieve planning
* Procurement process : management of the production of tender documentation appropriate to selected procurement route, management of tender process, evaluation and selection of contractor
* Construction start up : enabling works, site preparation, contractor briefing, mobilisation activities
* Construction : management of process including progress, quality, change control, delay mitigation, contract administration
* Handover : completion certification, commissioning and user training, handover documentation, snagging and defect rectification
In addition need to demonstrate experience of managing the following areas throughout the construction process:
* Health & Safety : familiarity with CDM
* Risk management and mitigation
* Stakeholder engagement
* Dispute avoidance/resolution
Project Manager responsibilities -
* Provides a monthly programme report that identifies progress, key risks and issues.
* Managing the day to day interface between businesses as usual and Portal, ensuring that this relationship is positive and productive and that the correct balance is maintained
* Coordinated Portal Programme based answers to PQ and other official questions.
* Project initiation and definition of required deliverable and governance models
* Planning across all stages of the project lifecycle and obtaining appropriate levels of sign-off
* Ensuring projects are delivered to agreed time, cost, quality and compliance objectives
* Management of the project on a day to day basis to deliver in line with agreed project plans
* Execution of project plan, monitoring progress and taking all necessary actions and escalations where appropriate
* Reporting progress at agreed intervals to the project board
* Engaging and communicating effectively with key business and client stakeholders
* Ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge to ensure positive outcome
* Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, including action mitigation
* Issue and dependency management with appropriate stakeholder communication
* Provision of accurate project and financial status updates
* To ensure that the status of the Programme is communicated effectively at the various internal and external Boards.
* Produce programme status reports (according to the guidelines defined by the EO Programme Management Office) for presentation to each of the Governance Boards.
* Management and accountable for the programme risks, issues, dependencies and other governance logs.
* Ensure communication of key business information and messages in line with MoD and DIO policies.
If you are a Project Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don't apply if you don't have the experience or clearance!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months approx
- Rate: 405-540 Per Day Umb/Paye option
- Location: Various, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: James Christie
- Tel: 2087472161
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: D26381and
- Posted: 2017-12-21 10:09:48 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Investigation/Vetting Officer
- Drainage Foreman
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Planner
- Requirement Engineers
- Integrated Logistics Manager
- Demolition Operatives
- CCDO Gold card Supervisor
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Management Accountant
- Head of Safety
- General Ops
- CPCS Plant and Vehicle Marshaller
- Civil engineer
- Geospatial Analyst
- Land Agent
- CCDO Ops